Student Visa Refusal
Student Visas often get refused when individuals apply on their own. There are many possible reasons for refusal, a majority is detailed below.Reasons for Refusal and other considerations:
1. Study Plan:Without a detailed and logical study plan, the officer will not be convinced the main
purpose of coming to Canada is to study. There must be a logical progression of studying if a person
already has previous post-graduate education or work experience.
The choice of programs in Canada must make sense for the student, or a proper explanation must be given how their diploma in Canada will help them when they return to their home country. This is the most common reason for refusal.
2. Proof of Finances: Tuition in Canada starts at $15,000 CAD per year. The Canadian government wants to ensure a student has the financial support to pay for their tuition and living expenses. A bank statement with a minimum of $30,000 CAD (after exchange) needs to be provided to show a students ability to pay their tuition.
3. Lack of Travel History: If a person has not travelled anywhere outside of their home country before, they will be refused a visa if they apply on their own. We at Oasis can help overcome this reason by making legal arguments and referencing Federal Court Cases in the application.
4. Strong Family Ties to Canada: Surprisingly, having family members in Canada can be a reason for refusal, and individuals applying on their own can be refused. We can navigate this this issue by making legal arguments and referencing Federal Court Cases in the application.
5. The officer considering your visa will also check that you don’t have any history of overstaying in Canada. Overstaying on a previous vise can create problems to an application. If you have history of overstaying a visa in Canada there are ways we can help you over come these challenges.
6. Your citizenship / legal status will be looked at for your country of residence.
7. Consideration can also be given to your current educational status. For example, what you are doing now if you are not currently studying.